Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 23 - A Life Of Integrity



A Life Of Integrity

Billy Graham once said, “Integrity is the glue that holds our way of life together.  We must constantly strive to keep our integrity intact.”  While we live in a world that promotes the survival of the fittest and an “anything-goes” mentality, the person that maintains his or her character will have accomplished life’s greatest mission.

Edgar Guest once penned a message to himself called, “Am I True To Myself?” It’s worth reviewing occasionally to remind ourselves what is most important.

I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know,
I want to be able, as days go by,
Always to look myself straight in the eye;

I don’t want to stand, with the setting sun,
And hate myself for things I have done.
I don’t want to keep on a closet shelf
A lot of secrets about myself;

And fool myself, as I come and go,
Into thinking that nobody else will know
The kind of man I really am;
I don’t want to dress up myself in sham.

I want to go out with my head erect,
I want to deserve all men’s respect;
But here in the struggle for fame and pelf,
I want to be able to like myself;

I don’t’ want to look at myself and know
That I’m bluster and bluff and empty show.
I can never hide myself from me;
I see what others may never see;

I know what others may never know
I never can fool myself and so,
Whatever happens, I want to be,
Self respecting and conscious free.

It’s been said that integrity is who we are when no one else is looking.  Proverbs 10:9 says, “The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.”  Most importantly, our lives become a pleasing sacrifice to God.  When all is said and done, we’ll take that alone with us to heaven.

Terry Risser

Reflections:
1)    What area in your life have you have kept from others and even God?
2)    Ask God to give you strength and courage to live a life for Him.

Consider reading the word today:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=num12%2C13+ps+90%2C+mark+2&version=NIV
Copyright 2014- Terry Risser

No comments:

Post a Comment