Saturday, December 27, 2014

December 27 - A People Chosen By God



A People Chosen By God

For I have chosen him, so that he will direct His children and his household after Him, to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what He has promised him.  For you are a people holy to the Lord your God.  The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be His people, His treasured possession.

For the Lord your God has chosen them and their descendants out of all your tribes to stand and minister in the Lord’s name always.  Then Joshua said, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen to serve the Lord.”  “Yes, we are witnesses,” they replied.  Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number.

Since the day I brought my people Israel out of Egypt, I have not chosen a city in any tribe or Israel to have a temple built for my Name to be there, but I have chosen David to rule my people Israel.

But now I have chosen Jerusalem for My name to be there, and I have chosen David to rule my people Israel.  I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever.  My eyes and my heart will always be there.  He brought out His people with rejoicing, His chosen ones with shouts of joy; that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may share the joy of your nation and join your inheritance in giving praise.  I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you.  I said, ‘You are my servant’: I have chosen you and have not rejected you.  He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.  “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”  But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel.  A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen, listen to Him.”

So, too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.

In Him, we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will. 

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles, the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.  Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.  They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings- and with Him will be called, chosen and faithful followers.

Genesis 18:19,; Deuteronomy 7:6; 18:5, Joshua 24:22; 1 Kings 3:8; 8:16, 2 Chronicles 6:6; 7:16, Psalm 105:43; 106:5, Isaiah 41:9, 1 Peter 1:20, Isaiah 42:1, Matthew 22:14, Acts 9:15, Luke 9:35, Romans 11:5, Ephesians 1:11, Colossians 1:27; 3:12, 1 Peter 2:9, Revelation 17:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment