Monday, December 14, 2015

Because of the Christ Child…

Because of the Christ Child…

Christmas has a way of pulling us in many directions.  For many, the driving forces of the season is about completing lists, attending events, and spending time with people.  All of these are good things but there is something deeper Christ wants to do.  After all, most of these are based on what we do rather than truly finding fulfillment in who He has created us to be.  As someone said, “We are not human “doings” but human “beings.”  See if the Christ child might help us to understand a little more of God’s plan as He brings security, acceptance, and significance that only He can fully offer.

I AM SECURE

Romans 8:1-2         I am free from condemnation
Romans 8:28          I am assured that all things work together for good
Romans 8:31-34     I am free from condemnation charges against me
Romans 8:35-39     I cannot be separated from the love of God
2 Cor. 1:21-22        I have been established, anointed and sealed by God
Col. 3:3                   I am hidden with Christ in God
Phil. 1:6                  I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me
                               will be perfected
Phil. 3:20                I am a citizen of heaven
2 Tim. 1:7               I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a 
                               sound mind
Heb. 4:16                I can find grace and mercy to help in a time of need
1 John 5:18            I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me

I AM ACCEPTED

John 1:12               I am God’s child…
John 15:15             I am Christ’s friend
Romans 5:1         I have been justified
1 Cor. 6:17            I am united with the Lord, and I am one spirit with Him
1 Cor. 6:19, 20      I have been bought with a price.  I belong to God.
1 Cor. 12:27          I am a member of Christ’s body.
Eph. 1:1                 I am a saint
Eph. 1:5                 I have been adopted as God’s child
Eph. 2:18               I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit
Col. 1:14                I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins
Col. 2:10                I am complete in Christ
  
I AM SIGNIFICANT

Matt. 5:13,14         I am the salt and light of the earth
John 15:5               I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life
John 15:16             I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit
Acts 1:8                  I am a personal witness of Christ.
1 Cor. 3:16             I am God’s temple.
2 Cor. 5:17-21       I am a minister of reconciliation for God
2 Cor. 6:1               I am God’s co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9)
Eph. 2:6                  I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm.
Eph. 2:10                I am God’s workmanship
Eph. 3:12                I may approach God with freedom and confidence
Phil. 4:13                 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Verses By Neil Anderson

We have been given a new identity because of the baby in the manger this Christmas.   We only need to kneel at the cross to find His answers to all that we need in our hearts.

Pastor Terry

Reflections:
1)  What area of identity tends to be most important (accomplishments, appearance, or accumulations)?
2) Which area of Christ offer speaks to you the strongest (security, acceptance, or significance)?

No comments:

Post a Comment