Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10 - Identity Theft



Identity Theft

Neil Anderson’s book, Victory Over The Darkness, probably shaped my life more than any non-Bible book I’ve ever read due simply to the way it helped me to see myself through Christ’s eyes.  He speaks of three things lost in the Garden of Eden (Security, Acceptance, Significance) which are also the three things returned at the Cross.   While we often strive to find our identify through accumulations, appearance, and accomplishments, Christ’s Word concretely shares how He sees you and how you can see yourself.

I AM SECURE

Romans 8:1-2        I am free from condemnation
Romans 8:28         I am assured that all things work together for good
Romans 8:31-34    I am free from condemnation charges against me
Romans 8:35-39    I cannot be separated from the love of God
2 Cor. 1:21-22       I have been established, anointed and sealed by God
Col. 3:3                  I am hidden with Christ in God
Phil. 1:6                  I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me
                              will be perfected
Phil. 3:20                I am a citizen of heaven
2 Tim. 1:7               I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a 
                              sound mind
Heb. 4:16               I can find grace and mercy to help in a time of need
1 John 5:18            I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me

I AM ACCEPTED

John 1:12               I am God’s child…
John 15:15             I am Christ’s friend
Romans 5:1            I have been justified
1 Cor. 6:17            I am united with the Lord, and I am one spirit with Him
1 Cor. 6:19, 20      I have been bought with a price.  I belong to God.
1 Cor. 12:27          I am a member of Christ’s body.
Eph. 1:1                 I am a saint
Eph. 1:5                 I have been adopted as God’s child
Eph. 2:18               I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit
Col. 1:14                I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins
Col. 2:10                I am complete in Christ

I AM SIGNIFICANT

Matt. 5:13,14          I am the salt and light of the earth
John 15:5                 I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life
John 15:16               I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit
Acts 1:8                   I am a personal witness of Christ.
1 Cor. 3:16              I am God’s temple.
2 Cor. 5:17-21         I am a minister of reconciliation for God
2 Cor. 6:1                 I am God’s co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9)
Eph. 2:6                   I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm.
Eph. 2:10                 I am God’s workmanship
Eph. 3:12                 I may approach God with freedom and confidence
Phil. 4:13                 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Verses By Neil Anderson

Once we know what the devil had stolen from us in one Garden and Christ chose to bring victory is another one, we can declare, “We are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.”  That’s something that no one can ever take away from you again.

Pastor Terry

Reflections:
1)    What area of identity tends to be most important (accomplishments, appearance, or accumulations)?
2)    Which area of Christ offer speaks to you the strongest (security, acceptance, or signicance)?

Consider reading the Word:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=deut+13-15%2C+gal+1&version=NIV
 

No comments:

Post a Comment