Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4 - Followers of Christ



Followers of Christ

This Sunday marks what most Christians refer to as Communion Sunday.  As we partake of Communion, we pray that your heart would be strengthened and your focus might be sharpened toward a deeper heart for all Christ has done for us.  This anonymous note was posted on the bulletin board of a African church several years ago.  May it remind us of what God has called us to do and be.  It had the following title:

FOR OUR LORD AND THOSE WE SERVE

I’m part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
I have Holy Spirit power.
The die has been cast.
I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.
I’m a disciple of His!

I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away,
or be still.  My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
my future is secure.

I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking,
small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions,
mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions,
plaudits, and popularity.  I don’t have to be right, first, tops,
recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.

I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience,
lift by prayer, and labor by power.  My face is set, my gait is fast,
my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough,
my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away,
turned back, deluded or delayed. 
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,
hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate
at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,
or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, shut up, or let up until I’ve stayed up,
stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the
cause of Christ.  I must go till He comes, give till I drop,
preach to all I know, and work till He stops me
And when He comes for His own, He will not have problems
recognizing me - my banner will be clear.

May the Lord strengthen our resolve in serving Him as He gives power to those who ask of Him.  As He served us through His death and resurrection, may we serve Him and the world He so loves.

Terry Risser

Reflections:
1)   What does the Lord want to renew in you this Communion Sunday?
2)   Enter Communion with a new sense of gratitude for His death and His life.

Consider reading the Word today:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=judg%2019-21,%202%20cor%204&version=NKJV
 

Copyright 2014- Terry Risser

No comments:

Post a Comment