Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 24 - Traveling On My Knees



Traveling On My Knees

“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16

Whether we realize it or not, we can make a difference in the world around us.  Sometimes we can give to projects that meet a need, go to places where hearts need to know Christ, or pray, giving us the ability to touch the world right where we are.  James 5:16 says, “The  effective, fervent prayer of righteous people avails much.  Someone said, “Prayer avails when people are available.”  Years ago, I read a simple poem that shares how God can use each of us.

Last night I took a journey
To a land across the seas;
I did not go by boat or plane,
I traveled on my knees.

I saw so many people there,
In deepest depths of sin.
But Jesus told me I should go,
That there were souls to win.

But I said, “Jesus, I cannot go
And work with such as these.”
He answered quickly, “Yes, you can
By traveling on your knees.”

He said, “You pray; I’ll meet the need.
You call and I will hear.
Be concerned about lost souls,
Of those both far and near.”

And so I tried it, knelt in prayer
Gave up some hours of ease;
I felt the Lord right by my side
While traveling on my knees.

As I prayed on and saw souls saved,
And twisted bodies healed.
And saw God’s workers’ strength renewed
While laboring in the field.

I said, “Yes, Lord, I have a job.
My desire Thy will to please.
I can go and heed Thy call
By traveling on my knees.”

Pray today for one country or one person that you know in our nation that does not know Christ.  God hears us and begins to stir hearts to lead them to Himself.  May we partner by traveling on our knees.



1)  Do you believe your prayers can change the world?
2)  Think of one unsaved friend or loved one who needs your prayers today?

Consider reading the Word today:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20ki%209,%202%20chr%208,%20ps%20136,%20rom%205&version=NKJV
 

Copyright 2014- Terry Risser

No comments:

Post a Comment